Monday, November 2, 2015

The Aryavarta Chronicles


Aryavarta Chronicles. Just finished reading this trilogy. What do you expect when you know much of most of the story? Well, the first 2 books held nothing remarkable,but this last one just left me unsettled. Like I wished there were more pages, like this story should not have ended, at least not with me feeling like this, bereft.

I had started reading this in the hopes of getting a different perspective on Draupadi, one of the few intriguing female characters you could ever find in an Indian context. But in the end I seemed to have sympathized with characters I never gave a second thought about before. Like Abhimanyu, Uttara, Balabhadra. I think I am mourning more than any for the death of Krishna. For he had come to represent hope and smiles, someone who could turn the tide in my favorite character's favor, I think I feel most for the fact that Draupadi will no longer get to see him and is doomed to her life here on earth.

The Epilogue though was most fitting.

I think I enjoyed the journey this series provided. More towards the end even with, or perhaps just for, the lingering wishful feeling it left me with.

1 comment: