Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekend

I had written this sometime back but nevertheless I post it now and here:
_________________________________________________________________________________

Weekened!!
Lots of things running in my mind so wondering wat really merits a write up.
The beginning of the week i was musing abt the words that had impact on me. Bits n pieces of poetry that influcenced me, inspired me since childhood. Then the mid week crisis hit upon me and I wanted to do something about my life. The stuck-in-the-rut feeling began to sap all the energy in me. Then came saturday and the TOI crest edition with well written articles that kept me engaged. Then the sunday times with my ever favorite columnists and I was caught in their web of words.
Then, it so happened that i was checking out my friend's CV. Page full of impressive achievement and somewhere a mention of how he finds interacting with people interesting and beneficial. I have never involved myself in anything i can proudly recount and that sinking feeling of being aware of my mediocrity, about my inability to do anything apart from the said - reading. It reminded me how boring i have become. Well not sure if thats what an introvert's life is like. An introvert takes a lot of time to interact with people. I am selective about the people I open up to. Not that I sulk and frown at a gathering but i tend to keep my mouth shut unless spoken to. This is wat triggered a debate within myself.
Am I shutting the beautiful world out? Is my non interaction the root cause of my boredom?
Can I fix it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment