Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sometimes Fship is all about staying away... Really??

Alex and Marty. The best of friends.

The friendship of a lion and a zebra, how long would it last? Till the starved lion pounces on the zebra?

Alex bites Marty driven by hunger, oblivious to the fact that its Marty, his best friend. The very next moment he realises it but its late. He has scared Marty.

How could he do that to his friend? What was he thinking he was doing? Why dint he realise? How could he lose his mind? Alex is scared and all confused as to how to set things right with Marty again.

That happened when Alex was hungry. And that also happens when I get angry. I have hurt too many people. Pleading sorry? I have done that so often and have sadly repeated things again.

Alex runs away from Marty and finds a cave. The most poignant scene I have ever come across. It depicts self-castigation in a single frozen frame. Shown simply with Alex cowering behind a boulder surrounded by huge poles with sharp ends and all the sharp ends pointing to Alex.

He isolates himself from his friend cause he knows he hurt Marty. He knows he can be dangerous and in his stupor might unknowingly, unwantingly harm Marty again.

Sometimes its better to miss a friend than trouble them with your presence and hurt them again and again. I shall miss my friends too.

Hang on...this is not the end.

Alex is Marty's best friend isn't he? He knows Alex more than himself. He knows its not Alex's fault. He works it out that Alex must be feeling lone and lost and as confused as himself. He cannot let his friend suffer like that, can he? Its his friend out there who needs him NOW more than ever. So Marty hunts down Alex in that forsaken jungle.

Heard this line before? A true friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lines.

Now thats what Marty does. And thats what my friend did to me. The most powerful lines are the ones that come straight from heart. Its "Bas kar yaar. Bahut ho gaya. Chalo lets get going" that scores over a well paraphrased oratory of how much you mean to me.

Well, this is for my friend for knowing me better, for trusting me even after all that I have done, for simply believing that I can be better.

Now thats friendship. I wrote this so I dont make the same mistakes again. This serves as testimony to my resolve to be better. I dont want to lose my friends ever.

Well,

My dear friend,

I mean this. I wont let you down.

I shall control my temper and my sharp tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment